Friday, May 13, 2011

Bright and Shiny...

"Chimney falls and lovers blaze,
I thought that I was young..
Now I've freezing hands and bloodless veins
As numb as I've become...
How will you know if you found me at last?
'Cause I'll be the one, be the one, be the one, 
With my heart in my lap.
I'm so tired, I'm so tired.
I wish I was the moon tonight..."

I've been listening to Neko Case, and there is something incredible about her voice. It is so unique, so vibrant and enchanting. Each changing pitch is evocative and her lyrics... DAMN! I am so envious of a talent that can pull you right into her world and twist you so viscerally.

So this is how I came to this Blog. The voices inside (no, not the kind that men in little white coats come after you for) have been clamoring, and bit by slow bit I've placed their stories on paper. I've tried to make each one true to his or her story, and hope that you enjoy coming along for the ride.

For now, I'll sit back, play some Neko Case, and relax now that book number one is done and on its way.

Soon I'll wait with bated breath to see if you like it, and "I'll be the one, be the one, be the one with my heart in my lap."

Now to sleep, and dream of resolutions to plot bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment