Friday, June 14, 2013

Six Different Ways

So,  New City, New House, New Everything just about. And now one of my all time favorite bands is coming to town. The Cure. *shivershakedogshake* All signs point to having landed in the right place, on this spectacular island. Ahhhh! Now if I can score some tickets, life will be amazing! Just in time for my birthday in July! Woot!

So, on the writerly side of things, The Cure reminds me the emotions and ideas that Robert Smith's music and lyrics inspire. I've had a couple of stories rattling in my head, and now as I get my ass in gear again and write, I am looking forward to actually doing more than jotting down little blurbs and ideas on scraps of paper. The titles, instrumental parts, and the words are so evocative. Makes me get excited again. Proper inspiration. Walls of sound surrounding me, and making my imagination soar.

Several years ago, I remember reading in RT Book Reviews that author Bridget Midway felt similarly inspired. It struck a chord, and I can't help thinking if anyone else has a "special" band or artist that makes it all come together in their writing?

Just to give you a delicious taste of mine, and how it sends ripples of scandalous thoughts, here are the lyrics for "Six Different Ways."


"This is stranger than I thought
Six different ways inside my heart
And everyone I'll keep tonight
Six different ways go deep inside"

You'll have to wait and see the naughty things I've thought up for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment